Follow us on Facebook

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I iz bz

Me in my oncall uniform for Paeds posting! ^__^
Yes, I haven't been updating you see. Paediatrics posting is starting to get hectic. Had my first night shift yesterday from 3.30pm till 6am the next day. The schedule for the next day started exactly at 7am with a morning report in which those who were on night shifts had to present one of the cases during their oncall. The day usually ended at 3pm and so the vicious cycyle starts all over again and again.

Mannn.. I didn't even sleep a wink last night. There were 6 old patients, 3 new patients. One case was brought to the resuscitation unit as a precaution measurement. She came with a sudden severe dyspnea and was diagnosed with heart failure ec chronic rheumatic heart disease with severe mitral regurgitation. Thrill was clearly seen and the murmur was loudly hurt. It was of grade 6, I think.. Since they were no medical students cuurrently posted at the Anesthesiology department, I had to monitor the patient cautiously throughout the night. Thank God she did not have to be resuscitated. :')

And so I went back to the hostel and slept till 7pm. (╥﹏╥) I need to get used to this since I'm gonna live like this for at least the next 30 years. O.o


Sent from my BlackBerry®
powered by Sinyal Kuat INDOSAT

1 comment: