Follow us on Facebook

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The obnoxious one

Out of all bosses in Surgery, there is this one particular surgeon that had left me a very bad first impression on my first day in Surgical posting. Let's call him The Obnoxious One. Lol. I hope he doesn't find his way to this blog. I heard he's married with two wives and one of them is Chinese (I bet must be his second wife). And so I heard that he is fond of Chinese-looking female housemen. CUTE Chinese-looking housemen. I might look Chinese but I am definitely not cute. Lol. Anyway, I would be better be off than having him as his favourite. Yep, I pretty much hate him. Good thing he's not my assessor.

I had my night shift yesterday and I was surprised how soooo "lucky" I was that he was oncall on the same night too. We were warned that all housemen in the ward are to stay back until he is done with the rounds. Morning shift usually starts at 7am till 7pm, night shift starts at 6pm till 7am and he only started his round at 8.15pm. Since my ward was the last one to be rounded (lol, sorry, couldn't find any other word for it), most of the housemen decided to ignore his order and went back early. Seriously, if I were them, I would definitely stay back because he is not someone to be meddled with. You definitely do not want to have any trouble with him.

Waiting for him was painful in the ass. What even more painful is when seeing him already in the ward with a smirk on his face. And so the ward round started.

Boss: Are all the housemen in the ward? (The other wards are packed with housemen and seeing that they were only a few housemen left in the ward made him asked that question.

Silence....

Boss: ARE ALL THE HOUSEMEN IN THE WARD??! Aifaa, are all the housemen in the ward ?

Aifaa: *shook head* No boss.

Boss: Didn't I tell you all to stay in the ward until I'm done with the rounds? If you people cannot stay back for 2 hours longer, I guess 3 months of extension should be fine! Aifaa, make a name list of housemen who are not in the ward and pass it to me. If any of them are under me, they better be praying.

Us: Gulp...
Gahhhh. Having ward round with him is torturing enough and now this! Lucky thing that he did not ask much during the rounds. The medical officer cut me off when I was presenting my case, in which I was glad he did! Lol. The round ended after 20 minutes. It was brief probably because he was mad.

Yeah. Welcome to HKL baby! Yes, working here is stressful but I doubt any difference elsewhere. Surgery is already well-known to be a tough posting due to the pathologically-minded bosses so I already prepared myself what to expect. I'm just gonna lay low and get over this ASAP. Wish me luck peeps! ;)

2 comments:

  1. how many housemen are oncall in one ward?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Banyak. 3 housemen. Sometimes 4. Used to be 2. Surgery currently overcrowded with housemen. There will be a time HOs tak cukup. Oh, kalau 3 pun, belum tentu tiga2 datang. You might end up alone in the end. -__-"

      Delete