Follow us on Facebook

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Beware of phishing!

Hello boys and girls! Do you guys know what phishing is? No no, I'm not talking about FISHing as in you go to the lake/sea and try to catch a fish by the means of netting, spearing or whatever you wanna use. Wait, I'm not here to explain what fishing is all about. Urghh lari topik pulak. Uh-oh, not that one okay.

According to Wikipedia, phishing is a way of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. Phishing is typically carried out by e-mail or instant messaging, and it often directs users to enter details at a fake website whose look and feel are almost identical to the legitimate one. Here's an example.

Click to enlarge

I dunno. Shall I say is this win or fail? I would go with epic fail! Why? First of all, I don't even own a Maybank account. LOL LOL LOL. When I first saw the email, I was like "eh, bila masa pulak aku ada Maybank account ni." So I started to dig in more what this is all about. Click on the link yadda yadda and it led me to this website which looked almost right but not quite the same. Even if I do have an account, everything seemed too suspicious and only absolute fools would fall for that. Haha.

While reading the email, I couldn't help noticing MAJOR grammatical mistakes here and there. Okay, my English is nowhere near perfect but I can't stand gross errors (as what my English teacher in school would call them)! Eg. Your account have been..., it appear somebody is login into your account.. etc etc. The worst of all..
Undersatanding
I was giggling like mad! That's just evil! Oh, pun intended. Haha.. As I said before, only absolute fools would fall into the trap! Seriously people? If you wanna deceive people, please make it look more professional. Macam noob je la! So people, inilah adalah pesanan dari khidmat masyarakat anda. Berhati-hatilah dengan phishing websites okay! Don't let them turn you into a fool! ^__^

Ps. Got the same email again yesterday! Sudah-sudahlah!

No comments:

Post a Comment